Kelton is a strategy consultancy that creates consumer-oriented business solutions based on core human truths. We create brand relevance and resonance for our clients, by taking a creative, thoughtful and rigorous approach to interpreting insights, developing strategies, and designing solutions that deliver on consumer desires. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very “hands on” and there’s an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other.
We’re looking for an energetic entrepreneur with experience in PR and digital marketing – and exposure to market research/consumer insights – to grow and lead Kelton’s Communications Division. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a savvy, passionate communications professional who yearns to grow and lead within an award-winning boutique consultancy.
This role is diverse in its responsibilities and is a platform for a self-starting individual to grow, create, and inspire others. This is a deadline driven, client oriented, fast paced environment; candidates without experience in a rising PR, digital marketing, or consumer insights agency need not apply. If you’re looking for new motivation and challenges and want to be part of building a rapidly growing business, this is the job for you.
Our clients, who include 8 of the 10 top PR firms in the country, rely on Kelton’s Communications Division to position brands as thought leaders in their respective fields. The team is currently comprised of researchers, former journalists, PR experts, and marketers whose combined skills utilize insights about people to create millions of impressions and millions of dollars’ worth of earned media for clients.
We believe a unique combination of factors exist to make Kelton’s Communications Division our next big growth opportunity. Here’s why:
– We’ve already got a great story to tell. We have an experienced, dedicated research team who has grown the division into a self-sustaining business with stellar industry contacts. With the right strategic leader, the business’ growth potential is boundless.
– The right partners are already in place. Kelton’s innovation, creative and digital leadership team is based in New York, and our team literally creates new products and services for clients. We already offer a strong model of online research tools, with a unique, scalable platform to garner real-time feedback from respondents. We’re ready to push the boundaries of thought leadership, media measurement, digital marketing, and social media channels to generate the trailblazing results that communications clients are looking for.
– We’re already working for the top brands. We’re one of the only firms in the country that has qualitative and quantitative research, as well as communications pros, information designers, and copywriters all in house. It has led to an A-list of clients that includes Target, Coca-Cola, Pfizer, Fossil, Macy’s, Dr. Pepper, Toyota, and many, many more.
So, why do we need you? We need a creative thought leader – someone who can help us develop a strategic growth plan and is excited to implement it. We need smarter, more creative work; a focus on bigger, more sustainable projects; and a thought leader who can work with our sales team to demonstrate to new clients that we’re the best at what we do.
Leading the Work:
- Be a thought leader and guide a team to drive solutions for clients ranging from a creative spark for a campaign, a mediagenic thought leadership study to position a brand in the right light, or understanding the right language and messaging to deal with crisis situations.
- Understand and explain the full range of Kelton consulting approaches, driving approach, analyses, recommendations, and client presentations. Manage our media and communications research team through all stages of the process.
- Respond with creativity to brand questions and drive teams to deliver inspiring results.
Developing Lasting Relationships:
- Combine client relationship skills with ability to see the bigger picture, suggesting innovative approaches that will result in outstanding results for our clients and differentiate Kelton as a partner.
- Nurture and grow relationships with existing clients and demonstrate solid commercial vision to develop meaningful partnerships.
- Ensure overall client satisfaction and take responsibility for existing clients meeting and exceeding annual goals.
- Navigate confidently across communications, marketing, strategy, and insight functions in large client organizations.
Growing Our Team:
- Manage and develop our communications research team, with a specific focus on developing research and writing skills.
- Identify the skills development needed and assist in optimizing team structure to meet ongoing client needs.
- Serve as a career mentor, coach, and direct manager both on projects and for general career development.
- Inspire others by exhibiting a constant desire to push outside of comfort zone.
Skills / Experience
We’re relatively flexible on years of experience. The right person for this role won’t back down from a challenge, and will relish being in a small, entrepreneurial, fast growing environment. You should have a developed network of contacts within public relations, and feel comfortable working with leads we provide, as well as creating an even broader network of potential clients on your own. A background in healthcare or technology is a significant benefit, but not essential.
Most importantly, you must share our passion and energy for developing creative research solutions for our clients. In our business, sales only work if you truly speak the industry language and can begin consulting on day 1. The right candidate will feel like a savvy, problem-solving marketing and communications professional.
This position will partner closely with Kelton’s CEO, President, and New York Managing Director to develop and grow client relationships. We need a self-starter who is comfortable working on all stages of the process, from networking and capabilities discussions to crafting project proposals and marketing pieces and participating in key research activities in order to foster client relationships.
Our best asset is our staff. We only hire the most motivated, collaborative, curious, and insightful people. Only those up for a challenge and desiring a real commitment to their workplace should apply. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
Please forward a cover letter and resume to Susan Braun at email@example.com.Apply Now View All Jobs