Kelton is a strategy consultancy that creates consumer-oriented business solutions based on core human truths. We create brand relevance and resonance for our clients, by taking a creative, thoughtful and rigorous approach to interpreting insights, developing strategies, and designing solutions that deliver on consumer desires. We have a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation/design professionals; thus there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very “hands on” and there’s an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other.
We serve as a strategic partner to a broad array of cross-industry clients including Target, GE, Viacom, Pfizer, Bloomingdale’s, Domino’s, and 8 of the 10 largest PR firms in the country. With our consumer insights and research platform, we’ve built a team that is uniquely positioned to develop solutions for clients that keep their customers at the center of their strategy, marketing, and innovation efforts.
We’re looking for a motivated quantitative research analyst who is interested in learning how to do superior research and consulting while working with some of the best in the industry. In this role, we need the candidate to be naturally curious and have a passion for understanding human behavior. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business. The ideal candidate has very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, can run basic statistical analyses, displays the creativity needed for writing effective questionnaires, and is very comfortable multi-tasking.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and one to two years of relevant quantitative project management experience within a market research capacity. Candidates with relevant internship experience are encouraged to apply.
- Project management responsibilities are threefold. Candidate must be able to (with support and guidance), effectively manage the following:
- Handle logistics for quantitative research projects, including maintaining organization and timelines among the internal team, scheduling and planning research engagements, monitoring fielding (with the ability and desire to learn how to manage both “up” and “down”),
- Be the first point of contact for clients on projects and maintain comprehensive notes,
- Build relationships with vendor partners, including managing quality control, approving coding lists, negotiating prices, and providing clear instructions.
- Test survey links (including testing for spelling, grammar, and logic skips).
- Assist with report creation, including writing, analysis, chart and table creation in Excel or PowerPoint.
- With direction and support, assist with writing survey questionnaires, writing questions that use clear phrasing and proper spelling/grammar, and making sure all response options are mutually exclusive and exhaustive.
- Detailed note-taking during client calls and meetings.
- Able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and adjust on the fly. Proactively identify issues and suggest solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly.
- As he/she grows in the position, candidate can look forward to more client contact, an increased role in business development and proposal writing/methodology creation, and a leading role in managing a project from start to finish.
Skills / Experience
- Interest in working on standalone quantitative research projects and integrated qual/quant engagements.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and ability to create slides/graphs/charts that convey key research findings in compelling ways.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing/communication skills.
- Strong organizational/logistics skills.
- Quick learner.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it.
- Ability to independently solve problems.
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Excellent Excel skills; knowledge of pivot tables and creating charts or ability/willingness to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience, social science/research background is preferred, although college graduates with relevant internship experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of SPSS or other analytical software is a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and an eye for design a plus, but not required.
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with Analyst, Quantitative Research in the subject line.Apply Now View All Jobs