Kelton is a strategy consultancy that creates consumer-oriented business solutions based on core human truths. We create brand relevance and resonance for our clients, by taking a creative, thoughtful and rigorous approach to interpreting insights, developing strategies, and designing solutions that deliver on consumer desires. We have a leadership team made up of seasoned research, communications, marketing, and innovation/design professionals; thus there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day. We are proud of having an entrepreneurial, start-up culture where training is very “hands on” and there’s an atmosphere in which teams are tight and colleagues really help each other.
We serve as a strategic partner to a broad array of cross-industry clients including Target, GE, Viacom, Pfizer, Bloomingdale’s, Domino’s, and 8 of the 10 largest PR firms in the country. With our consumer insights and research platform, we’ve built a team that is uniquely positioned to develop solutions for clients that keep their customers at the center of their strategy, marketing, and innovation efforts.
We are looking for a motivated qualitative research analyst who is interested in learning how to do superior research and consulting while working with some of the best in the industry. In this role, we need the candidate to be naturally curious and have a passion for understanding human behavior. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business. The ideal candidate has very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, is personable with strong written and verbal communication skills, displays a high level of creativity, and is very comfortable multi-tasking.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree. One to two years of relevant project management experience within a market research capacity is preferred, but candidates with relevant internship experience are encouraged to apply.
Candidate must be able to (with support and guidance):
- Handle logistics for qualitative research projects, including screener development, facility interaction, recruitment monitoring, and on-site assistance during research,
- Be the first point of contact for clients on projects and maintain comprehensive notes,
- Build relationships with vendor partners, including managing quality control, approving recruitment lists, negotiating prices, and providing clear instructions.
- Assist with report creation, including writing, analysis, chart and table creation in Excel or PowerPoint.
- Detailed note-taking during client calls and meetings.
- Able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and adjust on the fly. Proactively identify issues and suggest solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly.
- As he/she grows in the position, candidate can look forward to more client contact, the opportunity to oversee and play a lead role in conducting a variety of qualitative research engagements, an increased role in business development and proposal writing/methodology creation, and a leading role in managing a project from start to finish.
Skills / Experience
- Interest in working on standalone qualitative research projects and integrated qual/quant engagements.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and ability to create slides/graphs/charts that convey key research findings in compelling ways.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing/communication skills.
- Strong organizational/logistics skills.
- Quick learner.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it.
- Ability to independently solve problems.
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience is preferred as is a background in social science/research, although college graduates with relevant internship experience are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and an eye for design a plus, but not required.
Our best asset is our staff. We only hire the most motivated, collaborative, curious, and insightful people. Only those up for a challenge and desiring a real commitment to their workplace should apply. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with “Analyst, Qualitative Research” in the subject line.Apply Now View All Jobs