A 10-year anniversary is as much a time for celebration as it is a time for reflection. Kelton’s success and the rapid evolution of our practice meant we had grown out of our old branding and messaging. Our website and brand experience were in dire need of a makeover.
“Bringing data to life” and our market-research story simply didn’t embody what we’ve grown into as an organization. As the first step of our rebranding process, we wanted to involve the team at Kelton in a discussion on how our old positioning was falling short – and where they’d like to see us go. Here’s the fun part: we asked the team to give their feedback in the form of a break-up letter to the old keltonglobal.com.
While the break up letters gave us a good laugh, they also highlighted a number of important themes:
- We have a multi-disciplinary practice that combines research, strategy and design in a unique and powerful way
- Our client relationships have grown into lasting strategic partnerships as we successfully help brands solve consumer related challenges and navigate change
- At our core, we are storytellers- we seek human truths and bring consumer stories to life in a way that makes an impact for brands.
In order to make sure that our new branding would effectively communicate these core ideas, we worked with an digital agency partner to take ourselves through a rigorous rebranding process:
- Stakeholder interviews with Kelton team members
- Audits of the competitive landscape
- Creative worksessions
- Mood boarding
- Persona and voice development
- Design, development and implementation
Today, the new keltonglobal.com puts at the forefront what we’ve always prioritized internally: people, creativity, expertise and innovation. It’s a bold and straightforward presentation of our work, methods and incredible team.
We’re excited to see where our break-up-to-make-up journey has taken us.
Is your brand in need of a makeover? What would your break-up letter say?